2-1-1 HELPLINE Give Help
Dial 2-1-1 or click here and search by ZIP Code.
Register to be a volunteer and receive a FREE Disaster Preparedness Kit
- Visit www.southerntiervolulteers.org and click Register
- Fill in your volunteer profile and when prompted, click Yes to volunteer in times of disaster
- After clicking submit, go to My Account, then Skills and complete your skills profile
- Your personal disaster preparedness kit will be mailed to your home address within 3 weeks
Signing up has other benefits too!
- Be notified of disaster related volunteer opportunities that require your skills
- Decide on when or how to volunteer during a disaster
- Become someone's hero during a time of disaster
HURRY! OFFER ENDS AUGUST 31st!
Your personal Disaster Preparedness Kit includes and emergency poncho, light stick, blanket, hand warmers, emergency drinking water, whistle, vinyl gloves, face mask, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wioes and a mini first aid kit!
- Search for opportunities by location, populations served, issue area, and
volunteer activity type.
- Search for specific types of volunteer opportunities (group,
- Express interest in or even sign up directly for volunteer opportunities
- Search for volunteer opportunities by date/time.
- Coordinate a group of volunteers in one or multiple locations.
- Easily post their volunteer opportunities
- Decide to either allow direct signups to an opportunity, or to screen volunteers first.
- Manage teams of volunteers for special projects.
- Easily track volunteer hours.
- Connect to a larger pool of potential volunteers through the regional partnership.
This is a service of the Institute for Human Services, who also offers a number of volunteer support resources including professional development opportunities, management resources, communications tools, and customized consulting services.
Our new site is part of a partnership with the United Way of Broome County and the United Way of Tompkins County called the Regional Volunteer Center of the Southern Tier.