2-1-1 HELPLINE Give Help
Dial 2-1-1 or click here and search by ZIP Code.
We serve as a single point of contact for individuals and nonprofits to find and share volunteer opportunities in the Southern Tier.
- Search for opportunities by location, populations served, issue area, and
volunteer activity type.
- Search for specific types of volunteer opportunities (group,
- Express interest in or even sign up directly for volunteer opportunities
- Search for volunteer opportunities by date/time.
- Coordinate a group of volunteers in one or multiple locations.
- Easily post their volunteer opportunities
- Decide to either allow direct signups to an opportunity, or to screen volunteers first.
- Manage teams of volunteers for special projects.
- Easily track volunteer hours.
- Connect to a larger pool of potential volunteers through the regional partnership.
This is a service of the Institute for Human Services, who also offers a number of volunteer support resources including professional development opportunities, management resources, communications tools, and customized consulting services.
Our new site is part of a partnership with the United Way of Broome County and the United Way of Tompkins County called the Regional Volunteer Center of the Southern Tier.